Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hurricanes


The maps depicted above were created for the third and final installment of Natural Hazards in my GIS Applications course.  Using data provided I created one map showing the path and intensity of Hurricane Sandy, the other map depicts a damage assessment I conducted using pre and post storm aerial photography. I do not consider these maps some of my better work, however this module was without a doubt the most time consuming, frustrating exercise to date! (I mean that in a good way!) While working through this module anything that could have gone wrong did.   Then to top it off when I went in to ArcMap to export my maps all the data I had created for my geodatabases was gone, and the data in the TOC was display with the dreaded red exclamation point! After hours of trouble shooting I said UNCLE and started over.  This time things went much smoother, the result of keeping good notes I would like to think.  Looking back, although frustrating, I probably learned more during this module than most others.

No comments:

Post a Comment